A microphone stand is a free-standing mount for a microphone. It allows the microphone to be positioned in the studio, on stage or on location without requiring a person to hold it.
The most basic microphone stand is a straight stand. It uses a dome-shaped round metal base, or a tripod base, into which is threaded a post for mounting the microphone (most commonly a 5/8-27 threaded hole).
This post may be made up of two or more telescoping tubes that fit inside each other, allowing for quick height adjustment. The mechanism for adjusting the height is called the clutch.
There are various versions of the straight stand known as the “desk stand” (short version of straight stand) and heavy duty microphone stand (heavier base and larger tubes) to handle heavy microphones. The tubes used on the straight stand usually have a shiny chrome plating to resist scratching, but may also be finished in a matte black.
- Place of Origin: Guangdong, China (Mainland)
- Model Number: DS1
- 6″ weighted base just right for desktop use
- Base gasket gives you no-slip performance and keeps vibration noise out of your mix
- Soft grip standard twist clutch for easy height adjustment
- Included cable management clip keeps thing nice and neat
- Heavy duty steel construction is rugged and reliable
- Fits both US and Euro mic clips
For More Info Click Here.
Visit Moon Electronics BD.